Friday 15 October 2010

Day 7 - A trip away from home that I enjoyed

Today is International Pregnancy and Baby Loss Awareness Day, today is the last day of Baby Loss Awareness Week across the UK.

In the UK 17 babies are stillborn or die shortly after birth every day (ref: SANDs). In the UK stillbirth is defined as death of a baby before birth at 24 weeks gestation or above. In England and Wales 5 out of every 1000 babies are stillborn (just over 3000 a year) (ref: NHS Direct).


www.babyloss-awareness.org
All this week to commemorate UK Babyloss Awareness Week I have been  posting about trivial things that have made me happy since I lost Orson three months ago. Today the subject is a trip away from home that I have enjoyed.

We went to Birmingham with M not long after we lost Orson. We went for one night and stayed in a hotel. I had never been there before. To be honest we were not expecting anything much. We just wanted one night away somewhere.

We got the train (to satisfy M's love of trains and making life simpler for us - no driving or worrying about parking). We looked round the shops, went out for food. Did very little. I was still struggling to cope.

The second day we went to the City Museum and by chance they had an exhibit on about dinosaurs. There were lots of animatronics involved. M loved it. He was a little scared of the dinosaurs at first but had great fun. I had loads of fun watching him. Seeing him happy made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment