Monday 11 October 2010

Day 3 - A recipe I enjoyed cooking

Every day this week I am posting something trivial, fun and happy. Things that have distracted and entertained me since Orson died three months ago. To see why read my post from 8th October 2010.

Here is a recipe I enjoyed cooking with M. It is extremely simple and he loved helping to make it. My mother used to make it for me and my brother when we were children. very unhealthy but tasty! All ingredient amounts are approximate.

2 - 3 large cups of Rice Crispies (or other similar cereal)
300g chocolate
50g butter
3 Mars Bars
1 tablespoon of Golden Syrup

Melt the Mars Bars and Butter. Mix the Rice Crispies with the butter and Mars bar mixture. Add the Golden Syrup. Melt the chocolate. Put the Rice Crispy mixture in a baking tin. Cover with melted chocolate. Refrigerate until hard. Cut into flapjack sized portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment