Sunday 13 June 2010

Worried about stillbirth

I'm out on the balcony wondering about the future. M is asleep downstairs and S is working downstairs.

I haven't felt much movement from the baby yet today. Had to do my trick of lying on the bed downstairs and concentrating trying to feel him move.

Just felt another gushy leak of fluid but it's been clear today and no pain.

Been wondering...

I see the consultant tomorrow and get a growth scan. What should I ask?

1. Bleeding. Why? When should I be concerned?
2. Pain. As above.
3. More Braxton hicks contractions should I worry?
4. Transverse lie still?
5. Will they induce if I get far enough along? How far? 34 weeks?
6. Foetal heart monitoring? How often?
7. Pressure on cord?

Bet they can't answer my questions.

Keep finding myself reading about stillbirth etc. No point what will happen will happen. Been worried about a prolapsed cord and cord compression etc, been looking on the Internet. No point there is nothing I can do about it.

I just wish I knew it was all going to be okay.
My view from our balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment