Thursday 8 July 2010

31 weeks pregnant. A whole day without going to the hospital?

I am 31 weeks pregnant today.

I was back at the hospital again last night. I was worried about the baby's movements. The midwife found the heartbeat instantly, nobody has ever found it so quick! They monitored the heart rate for 55 minutes and I felt him move a couple times. The doctor then asked for me to be monitored for another 40 minutes as there had been a deceleration probably caused by cord compression. But the second trace was fine so I came home sometime after midnight.

Everything has been okay so far today, in fact there have been lots of movements but we'll see, it seems this week I'm destined to visit the hospital every day! If I don't go today my routine appointment is tomorrow.

M and S came with me to the hospital yesterday as I wanted S there in case it was bad news. It was M's second time in the Labour and Delivery ward, the last time was 2 1/2 years ago when he was born there!

No comments:

Post a Comment